Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers.
There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Cookies on our website
ESCO uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- CART ― The association with your shopping cart
- CATEGORY_INFO ― Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly
- COMPARE ― The items that you have in the Compare Products list
- CURRENCY ― Your preferred currency
- CUSTOMER ― An encrypted version of your customer id with the store
- CUSTOMER_AUTH ― An indicator if you are currently logged into the store
- CUSTOMER_INFO ― An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to
- CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS ― Stores the Customer Segment ID
- EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE ― A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not
- FRONTEND ― You sesssion ID on the server
- GUEST-VIEW ― Allows guests to edit their orders
- LAST_CATEGORY ― The last category you visited
- LAST_PRODUCT ― The most recent product you have viewed
- NEWMESSAGE ― Indicates whether a new message has been received
- NO_CACHE ― Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache
- PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART ― A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site
- RECENTLYCOMPARED ― The items that you have recently compared
- STF ― Information on products you have emailed to friends
- STORE ― The store view or language you have selected
- VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS ― The products that you have recently viewed
- WISHLIST ― An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist
- WISHLIST_CNT ― The number of items in your Wishlist
ESCO publishes Google Adsense interest-based advertisements on this website. These are tailored by Google to reflect your interests. To determine your interests, Google will track your behaviour across the web using cookies. You can view, delete or add interest categories associated with your browser using Google's Ads Preference Manager, available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. You can opt-out of the Adsense partner network cookie at: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html. However, this opt-out mechanism uses a cookie, and if you clear the cookies from your browser your opt-out will not be maintained. To ensure that an opt-out is maintained in respect of a particular browser, you should use the Google browser plug-in available at: http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/plugin.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies.
In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
In Chrome, you can ajust your cookies settings by clicking the “Customize and Control Google Chrome” button in the top left corner and selecting “Settings”, “Advanced Settings”, “Content Settings”.
Blocking cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.